Hi Andreas,

Another hint may be that Alkis Georgopoulos' great tool
Epoptes<http://www.epoptes.org/>offers the option to broadcast
messages, the source mayb reveal how this is
done. Now that I think about it, though, it will be using the Epoptes
client running in the user's X session.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Andreas Schamanek <
scham...@fam.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> So far, I have only mastered the notification of single users (using
> xmessage). I am afraid there's no ''xwall''. 2 Q&As that I found seem
> to confirm this:
>
> X11 send notification to all users on all DISPLAY's - Unix and Linux
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/43212/x11-send-notification-to-all-users-on-all-displays
>
> Show a notification across all running X displays - Unix and Linux
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/2881/show-a-notification-across-all-running-x-displays
>
> HTH,
> --
> -- Andreas

Jay Goldberg | AvianBLUE Network Systems