Hallo Edgar,

Edgar Kogler schrieb am 10.12.2012 23:49:
> I managed to activate ldap-authentication on the terminals from our domain
> controller.  I want our users to have access to their local media on the
> terminals. What I found in the docs is that with LTSP5 the user logging in
> on the terminal only has to be member of the group "fuse" to have local
> media automatically mounted. Since we use SAMBA and LDAP for the rest of the
> network I added a group "fuse" to my LDAP-Server, became a member of it on
> LDAP plugged my USB stick to the terminal but it didn't mount automatically.
> I understand that the group "fuse" mentioned in the docs is a simple UNIX
> group but I can't figure out how to bridge the gap between LDAP and UNIX
> groups and membership therein.  It is no option to have all users on any
> server as UNIX users being members of "fuse" since we have a large
> fluctuation of users (~300) every year and I don't believe that this should
> be necessary.

concerning group membership I use the libpam-modules (Debian) package.
It contains a file /etc/security/group.conf. In there I have the entry line:

*;*;*;Al0000-2400;fuse,audio,cdrom,scanner

This means, all users, who log in, are member of the groups fuse, audio cdrom,
scanner. This module should get installed in the chroot environment of the thin
client.

I think, this is the easiest way.

Greetings
Helmut

PS:
An welcher Schule bist du?

Helmut Lichtenberg  <helmut.lichtenb...@fli.bund.de>  Tel.: 05034/871-128
Institut für Nutztiergenetik (FLI)         31535 Neustadt         Germany