On 11/07/2013 02:25 AM, asmo.koski...@arkki.info wrote:
> I made offline/usb-stick based simple digital signage/info-tv for RasPi.

LOL, seems like everyone has the same idea!

I made about a dozen digital signs based on a Pi model A and standard
Raspbian image with LibreOffice and rsync added.

There is a bit of tie-in to LTSP as I use my LTSP server as the home
directory server for the digital signs.  Each day (or however often cron
is configured) the Pis all wirelessly rsync an updated user crontab and
slideshows and then, based on the settings in the user crontab, turn the
screens on and off and update the slideshows.

On the server side the LTSP users simply create the slideshows and
crontab files in a pre-determined location for each sign and another
server script moves all the right files into the home directories of the
various Pis.

Using the LTSP server to put the files into the Pi users home directory
allows a _very_ restricted Pi user account to still do everything it
needs for the signs.

The biggest problem by far was just getting the wireless adapters to
stay connected.

Jeff