Hej!

Having a success with installing a system where fat clients recieves streaming TV from mumudvb to local VLC player, I now got stupidly stuck on sound!!!

No local sound on the fat clients...

System:

Edubuntu 13.10 as a KVM VM on omnios, with a lot of juice: 16 GB RAM, 8 CPU, fast diskaccess, fast network. AMD64 fat chroot

The client hardware I'm using atm, is a Dell Optiplex Gx620, only 2 GB ram so far. When I use it a normal computer, and boot it from disk with same OS, I can stream dvb from the same mumudvb server with sound, no problems, as well as youtube, etc...

But no sound on the fat clients. Not from vlc nor from youtube, etc. Sound devices are there, both when I do lspci and if I put in a usb sound device and do a lsusb, and if I open alsamixer. Been googling about this, and seen various fixes, like:

SSH_FOLLOW_SYMLINKS=false in your lts.conf

or

install pulseaudio-module-zeroconf

with some configurations.

as well as others.

Though no success so far, so got to ask you guys for help here...

Best regards from/Med vänliga hälsningar från

Johan Kragsterman

Capvert