On 16/09/14 12:46 AM, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
On 2014-09-15 14:02:15 -0500, Robert Mavrinac wrote:
On 29/08/14 01:07 PM, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
Looks like you need to load the overlayfs or aufs modules. It's not
uncommon for container technologies to disallow loading modules by
default, as that can compromise the security of the host machine. If you
manually load overlayfs or aufs from the host server, it might work.

I still haven't gotten any response on what the preferred kernel options
for AUFS should be for LTSP.
Not sure which options are needed, but it's worked fine with standard
kernels built in Debian for at least the several years. Here's a grep of
the kernel config options:

   $ grep AUFS /boot/config-3.14-2-amd64
   CONFIG_AUFS_FS=m
   CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_127=y
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_511 is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_1023 is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_32767 is not set
   CONFIG_AUFS_SBILIST=y
   # CONFIG_AUFS_HNOTIFY is not set
   CONFIG_AUFS_EXPORT=y
   CONFIG_AUFS_INO_T_64=y
   # CONFIG_AUFS_RDU is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_SP_IATTR is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_SHWH is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BR_RAMFS is not set
   # CONFIG_AUFS_BR_FUSE is not set
   CONFIG_AUFS_BR_HFSPLUS=y
   CONFIG_AUFS_BDEV_LOOP=y
   # CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG is not set
This is exactly what I needed. Thanks.

I'm adding a config diff to the patch to reflect these kernel config options.

Setting the epoch=99 was surely overkill - that value can just be a small non-zero integer. I suppose it may have just been sufficient to hold the package to prevent premature updates. I didn't want to change the package version or debian revision, but did want the changelog to document the addition of AUFS.

Hope that's helpful.

live well,
   vagrant

Want excitement?
When you want reliability, choose Perforce.