Hi,
we have some LTSP clients with a high uptime that get a filesystem full on /cow:

root@controlnode01.dc1:~# cd /cow
root@controlnode01.dc1:/cow# df -h .
tmpfs           502M  456M   47M  91% /cow
root@controlnode01.dc1:/cow# mount | grep aufs
aufs on / type aufs (rw,relatime,si=8e2f2afaba323e27)
root@controlnode01.dc1:/cow# mount | grep cow
tmpfs on /cow type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
root@controlnode01.dc1:/cow# du -h -d 1 .
2.0M    ./usr
28K     ./sbin
132K    ./etc
1.7M    ./tmp
38M     ./var
0       ./.wh..wh.orph
7.3M    ./.wh..wh.plnk
49M     .
If we delete files the du goes down but df stays the same.
According to
https://www.mail-archive.com/aufs-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04321.html
LTSP should possibly use some extra mount options for the aufs filesystem.
trunc_xino
Has this been tried and where do we modify that?
Thanks
Rainer

P.S.: Is the bug reporting system on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ltsp actually
used? I reported some bugs and patches there and did note yet receive a
response.