On 15/11/14 01:47, Lance Levsen wrote:
> Perms? Group membership?

All users are part of the cdrom group

> On 13/11/2014 8:48 PM, Michael Pope wrote:
>> If I go to the virtual terminal on the thin client and login as
>> root then I can see my USB DVD drive as /dev/sr0 and I can mount it
>> manually as /mnt and look inside.

What I have tested is this

Booting the thin client with the USB DVD drive connected and DVD
inserted the user can see the contents of the DVD. If I remove the DVD
and insert it again whilst logged in, the DVD does not show up in
/media/<user>/cdrom.

Booting with the USB DVD drive without the DVD inserted, then logging in
and inserting the DVD it doesn't work

Booting without the usb dvd attached, logging in and then attaching the
USB DVD drive and inserting the DVD doesn't work either.

So there is a work around at the moment the user just has to shutdown
and insert the USB DVD & the dvd itself before booting off the server.

from
Michael