Sorry for the previous post. Attached my error log and looks like it came
up at the front of the email.  My first time asking for help here.

I have a new install of Edubuntu 14.04.1 64-bit running on an ESXi 5.5 U1
host.  We opted to run the GNOME fallback interface since we run a number
of low spec PCs with 1 to 2 GB RAM with iterated Intel graphics (i815 and
i845).

On the ThinClients I am able play back un-encrypted DVDs, access DATA CDs
and DVDs.  All external media automatically mounts, even my external USB
sticks and HDDs.  The only thing that is not working are Audio CDs.

I tested with a minimal base install of Edubuntu 14.04.1 without applying
any updates.  I also tested with Edubuntu fully patched and still get the
same result -- Audio CDs just dont play or even mount

I've searched the forums/mailing lists and the net for a simple working
solution but am unable to find a working fix.

There is no issue with the system actually seeing media in the DVD drive
since all other media I throw at it works.  It's just Audio CDs that do not
work properly.  I cant play them with VLC, MPlayer... etc at all.  K3b and
Brasero do not see the Audio CD either.

Also, on the this client, for some further troubleshooting, I dropped
switched to a terminal session (Ctrl-AltF1), logged in as root (after
unlocking chroot user and setting password) and ran this command

dmesg | more

then I insert an Audio CD into the thin client.  Here is the dmesg output I
get

[  564.489596] Read(10): 28 00 00 03 51 f1 00 00 01 00
[  564.489642] UDF-fs: error (device sr0): udf_read_tagged: read failed,
block=178532, location=178532
[  564.494035] sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0]
[  564.494039] Result: hostbyte=DID_OK driverbyte=DRIVER_SENSE
[  564.494044] sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0]
[  564.494047] Sense Key : Illegal Request [current]
[  564.494052] ILI
[  564.494056] sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0]
[  564.494061] Add. Sense: Illegal mode for this track

and further on

[  564.537466] ILI
[  564.537470] sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0]
[  564.537475] Add. Sense: Illegal mode for this track
[  564.537480] sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0] CDB:
[  564.537488] Read(10): 28 00 00 00 02 70 00 00 01 00
[  564.537527] UDF-fs: error (device sr0): udf_read_tagged: read failed,
block=512, location=512
[  564.539391] UDF-fs: warning (device sr0): udf_load_vrs: No anchor found
[  564.539394] UDF-fs: warning (device sr0): udf_fill_super: No partition
found (1)

I've attached the  the dmesg output for reference. (in my previous email)

Any help on this would really be appreciated.

Thanks