Greetings!
I am unable to utilize the typical tftp/pxe boot systems due to various
organization mandated policies. To get around this, I'm using ipxe. This works
great to boot to an NFS file system (kernel parameters point to the NFS server
and path). I'd like to play around with NBD, though, and I was wondering if
anyone knew how to tell the kernel about the NBD server, port, and path to the
image using kernel parameters, rather than the traditional DHCP option of
'root-path'.

As mentioned, I cannot utilize PXE/DHCP options. I have to be able to do all of
this via kernel parameters, similar to the following NFS related kernel
parameters to implement the NFS file system:
root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=nfs.file.host:/opt/ltsp/i386 boot=nfs

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!
--
Kermit Short
Los Alamos National Laboratory