Hello,

I'm running LTSP 5.4.2-6 on Debian Wheezy and I'm trying to get the
latest Adobe Flash (17) working inside firefox on my thin client.

I've got pretty close. I can prove that the google-chrome browser with
the same pepperflash works on the client.

If I install freshplayerplugin
(https://github.com/i-rinat/freshplayerplugin) by compiling as per his
instructions and set my /etc/freshwrapper.conf up correctly then I can
get the latest flash working in firefox if I login as my user on the
server. When I login on my thin client however the test flash website
(https://www.adobe.com/au/software/flash/about/) shows as black boxes
instead of the real content.

Flash 11.2 under firefox does work on the client though. glxgears does
not work on the client.

Here is the /etc/freshwrapper.conf file I'm using which works on the server

# "Command-line" arguments for Flash
flash_command_line = "enable_hw_video_decode=0,enable_stagevideo_auto=0"

# enable 3d and stage 3d
enable_3d = 0

# when set to 1, limits output to warnings and errors only
quiet = 1

# Enables DNS query case randomization to partially protect against DNS
# poisoning attacks. It was reported that some Mikrotik routers do not
# support this trick. Set parameter to 0 if you have an affected model
randomize_dns_case = 1

I start firefox with the following
#!/bin/sh
#
# Wrapper to include hardware acceleration

VDPAU_DRIVER=va_gl /usr/bin/firefox $1

But have also tried directly with /usr/bin/firefox on the client and
that didn't work.

I think it's something to do with hardware acceleration. Has anyone
tried this? Is there anything else I should try?

--
from
Michael