Thanks for the suggestions.  I have LDM_PRINTER_LIST and LDM_PRINTER_DEFAULT
set in lts.conf.  I also had to create ~/.cups/client.conf with the line
ServerName= 192.168.10.4:631/version=1.1  (192.168.10.4 is the print server
address)
From: misa...@hotmail.com
To: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: No Printers available in LibreOffice
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 23:28:29 +0100

I am ready to deploy LTSP with Lubuntu 14.04.  The home directories, DHCP,
CUPS,  LDAP for authentication, are all on external servers. All works well
except printing in LibreOffice on the fat client.  I am having the same issue
with LTSP-PNP as well.
The printers show in the printer dialog boxes for all programs on the thin
clients (including LibreOffice), and all other programs on the fat clients and
in LTSP-PNP, but not in LibreOffice on the fat clients nor on ltsp-pnp.  Any
ideas how to solve as the LibreOffice application Suite is the main program
used at my school.

Thanks

Michael