Hi g,

we have the same question in one of our networks. We provide guest accounts.

Am 03.11.2015 um 14:23 schrieb g:
> Hi all.
> I'm trying to obtain a configuration for LTSP (no fat client) in which
> all modifications made by the users on their home dir are discarded
> before logout.
> In other words, I would like every user find the same configuration for
> desktop and personal settings each time he logs in. I would prevent
> modifications from an initial configuration I made for users.
> Of course the whole system can't work with read-only home dirs. Too easy :)
>
> I tried understanding how to avoid sshfs mount of home dirs, but just
> specifying a generic
>
>      CONFIGURE_FSTAB=true
>      FSTAB_1="tmpfs    /home/      tmpfs
> nodev,nosuid,size=512m,mode=777     0      0"
>
> in /opt/ltsp/amd64/etc/lts.conf didn't help
>
> I tried commenting out the line with sshfs in
> /opt/ltsp/amd64/usr/share/ldm/rc.d/X01-localapps
> manually mounted a user's home tmpfs dir on thin client before user
> logged in, but no luck and the LDM restarted after hangup for a few minutes.
>
> Does anyone faced with a similar goal to reach? Can anyone please point
> me in the right direction?

well, we took a different approach. We simply use pam-scripts to create
home-dirs on login and remove them again on logout.

If there is a possibility to do this with tmpfs in ltsp this would be
nice. But be aware: a user only has to download or copy any big file and
your ram will not be sufficient.

Regards
Jan