We received some micro form factor Dell 7040s that we'd like to put on our
thin-client network for the time being. I know newer hardware can sometimes be
a challenge. We currently have many Dell Optiplex 7010's (small form factor,
not micro) which boot to our Ubuntu 14.04.5 ltsp server without issue.

The new 7040 micros however, PXE boot fine and then drops to initramfs saying
no network device found.

We booted with Ubuntu 14.04.5 live USB and see that it loads eth0 just fine, I
assume with e1000 driver set. Modprobe is showing that the e1000 module is
present in the kernel.

We do use an LTSP client image that is 32 bit as it seems to give us less
problems in our mixed hardware environment.

Does anyone have a suggestion here as to where to look next? It seems that
Intel integrated Ethernet shouldn't be a huge hassle for Ubuntu-14.04.5. We
could try upgrading to Ubuntu-16 but just haven't gotten to it yet since 14 was
never a problem.

Thanks,
Mike