I've just had the weirdest thing happen.  I'm running three copies of the
same VM (Ubuntu 14.04.4 with LTTng 2.8.0) and the same LTTng trace capture
script, the only variation being adjustments to the trace storage path to
accommodate slightly different shared folder arrangements between the VM and
its host.

   On one machine, after I edited ~/.lttng/<session-name>.lttng to change its
sessions: session: output: consumer_output: destination: path member, having
lttng load the session resulted in the previous path being used (I can see this
by doing 'lttng load <session-name>' and then 'lttng list <session-name>').
Bizarre!  This did not happen on the other machines, so I'm really unsure if
its reproducible.  Is there some kind of caching possibly going on?  How would
I go about investigating this?  (I've taken a snapshot of the VM just in case)

Daniel U. Thibault, M.Sc.²

Informaticien scientifique, CME-PSC, Centre de recherches de Valcartier
Recherche et développement pour la défense Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
daniel.thiba...@drdc-rddc.gc.ca / Tél: 418-844-4000x4245 Téléc: 418-844-4538
daniel.thiba...@forces.gc.ca / Tél: 418-844-4000x4245 Téléc: 418-844-4538

Computer Scientist, MCCS-SPC, Valcartier Research Centre
Defence Research and Development Canada / Government of Canada
daniel.thiba...@drdc-rddc.gc.ca / Tel: 418-844-4000x4245 Fax: 418-844-4538
daniel.thiba...@forces.gc.ca / Tel: 418-844-4000x4245 Fax: 418-844-4538

DRDC is an agency of the Department of National Defence / RDDC est une agence
du ministère de la Défense nationale