On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Hisham <hisham...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
>> On Sep 16, 2011 4:52 PM, "Hisham" <hisham...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> LUADIR, like PREFIX, is generated based on the rockspec you are
>>> building. But do you really need to customize it? During the
>>> deployment phase, all files installed in LUADIR are moved to the
>>> proper $PREFIX/share/lua/5.1 (relative to the prefix of the tree
>>> LuaRocks is working with).
>>
>> Really I need to have an EXEC-PREFIX, as I am using a multiarch tree. Hence,
>> LIBDIR and LUADIR have different prefixes: the former is
>> /home/rrt/local/ARCH/lib and the latter is /home/rrt/local/share, in each
>> case with appropriate /lua/5.1 suffix.
>
> You should be able to configure your luarocks/config.lua file with
> something like:
>
> rocks_trees = {
>   {
>      root = home.."/local",
>      bin_dir = home.."/local/arch/bin",
>      lib_dir = home.."/local/arch/lib",
>      lua_dir = home.."/local/share",
>   }
> }

Ah: you may get an error if you have rocks_trees set in your
systemwide config file (/etc/luarocks/config.lua or equivalent) and
use this table syntax for rocks_trees in your home config file
(~/.luarocks/config.lua). I've just fixed this. A workaround is to
remove rocks_trees from the systemwide config file.

--
-- Hisham
http://hisham.hm/ - http://colorbleed.com.br/