From: Enrique Garcia Cota [mailto:kik...@gmail.com]

> I'd like to add my inspection lib to the list of available rocks.
>
> https://raw.github.com/kikito/inspect.lua/master/inspect-1.2-1.rockspec

Uploaded, thank you!

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Thijs Schreijer <th...@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:
> Shouldn’t the Lua requirement be >= 5.1  and <= 5.2 ?
>
> Most (if not all) rockspecs (including my own) have >= 5.0 or >= 5.1 even
> though we all know the next Lua release, 5.3 or 6.0, will have
> incompatibilities, as 5.2 has from 5.1. I think its better safe than sorry
> and by default all rockspecs should limit themselves to the latest available
> Lua version.

That is an interesting question. So far, we've been going with the
opposite approach: assume the rockspec will be compatible and fix the
dependency info of the incompatible modules later.

I understand the pros of the conservative approach, but if LuaRocks
simply refuses to install a rock with the new Lua version, users will
just assume the rock is incompatible. If the rock installs and then
fails, the module author will probably get a bug report and will be
motivated to either fix the rockspec or make their module compatible
with the new Lua version.

In any case, I think that's more a decision for each rockspec author
to make: it's you, the community, that should make this call.

-- Hisham
http://hisham.hm/