On 29 August 2013 17:11, Peter M <lua4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I ran into a strange bug after installing LR 2.1.0: it seems that it
> doesn't understand dependencies on rocks which names start with a
> digit(there is only one such rock - 30log).
>
> Any rockspec with 30log dependency fails with this error:
>
>> Error: Parse error processing dependency '30log >= 0.5': failed to extract
>> dependency name from '30log >= 0.5'
>
> It may be reproduced using a rockspec for one of my not-released-yet projects:
>
> http://raw.github.com/lua4web/lunitz/master/rockspecs/lunitz-0.1-1.rockspec
>
> Just download it and run luarocks install...
>
> I think that the reason is in luarocks.deps.parse_dep function. It
> needs rocks' names to start with a letter:
>
>> local name, rest = dep:match("^%s*([a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9%.%-%_]*)%s*(.*)")

It's a quite arbitrary restriction, given that modules can indeed
start with numbers. The rockspec format document doesn't specify this,
so I'm considering this a bug and lifting the restriction. Keeping
"%.%-%_" as invalid first character shouldn't cause problems though.

Thanks for the report!

-- Hisham