Thanks guys, but what I am not getting is this:

If it can use, for example:

https://github.com/JohnHind/Lua_Bitfield/blob/master/bitfield.c

to directly download a source file from the repository, why can't it do this
twice to get two source files?

I really cannot expect users to go through the faff of installing
command-line git - even I as a developer do not have that since the
excellent Github for Windows does everything I need!