Hi!

Am 02.10.2013 11:52 schröbte John Hind:
> I'm still having trouble getting up and running on luarocks. I'd be grateful
> if an expert could have a look at my repository at:
>
> https://github.com/JohnHind/Lua_Bitfield/
>
> and advise if the rockspec looks OK.
>
> When I try this version on my Windows 8 (64 bit) computer, it complains
> about 'git' not being recognised as a command. My previous attempt got
> further then complained similarly about 'cl'

Visual Studio (Express) comes with a batch file that sets a lot of
environment variables besides PATH. You can run luarocks from within the
"Visual Studio 1x.0 Command Prompt" you'll find in your Start-Menu, or
*maybe* (I haven't tested) `call` the batch file from within your
`luarocks.bat`, to set the necessary variables.

Am 02.10.2013 15:15 schröbte Thijs Schreijer:
> Anyway, looking at this page [1] tells me that I can have a variable 'GIT' to
> use for git protocol. But when I add;
> variables = {
>      GIT = [[c:\program files\git\bin\git.exe]]
>      ... some more stuff
> }
>
> I still get;
>    'git' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>    operable program or batch file.
>
>    Error: Failed cloning git repository.
>
> How does this 'GIT' variable work then?

It doesn't work at the moment, because it isn't used consistently. There is

     local version_string = io.popen('git --version'):read()

in fetch/git.lua:15! Until this is fixed you need `git.exe` in your PATH.

> Thijs

Philipp