On 12/18/2022 8:58 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

attached is my first serious attempt to write a 'hyphenate' callback
(to be used for LilyPond's Texinfo documentation).  It is actually my
first Lua program ever.  Fortunately, initial tests indicate that it
works aas expected :-)

Please have a quick look and check whether you can see any big
problems – mainly stylewise (besides using two spaces for indentation
instead of three) but perhaps codewise, too.
it's not my habit to comment publicly on coding styles so i limit myself to suggesting to make your shorthands local, so

local DISC = node.id("disc")

just to avoid a clash with someone elses code

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE