Comments in text.

R. Scott Belford wrote:

On Monday, May 27, 2002, at 06:26 PM, MonMotha wrote:

I've quoted my earlier post, but I'm making progress on this image. My target so far has been a 16MB image, but I can go lower (or higher). Some of these questions were fairly well answered by Warren, but I'm curious if there is any other commentary regarding them (or even any interest)?

I also have a few additional questions:

1) Will any client side authentication be desired? If so, what should the client authenticate against?

Not sure.

Interested to know, because that will obviously change what I have to do (I might have to squeeze PAM on there if you want LDAP auth...)

2) Never any answer on how they are networked (it doesn't even have to be ethernet, I could do a serial console thing too, but then you might as well buy Wyse terminals...)

My bad. The registers use ethernet to access the server. There is a slew of different nics in the boxes right now. I may just replace all these with the same type to keep it simple.

Not really a problem unless I have to fit it into like 4MB (glibc is about 2MB, then OpenSSH and basic utils eaisly hit 4MB or more). I can modularize it in the kernel. Even for the TFTP bootstrap disk there is module support.

3) Basic utils once again?

Not sure

Eager to know...

Any other suggestions are of course appreceiated.

I know they will come.  Many, many thanks.

Still welcomed...

scott

--MonMotha