That's definately wrong. Slackware certainly has runlevels (cat /etc/inittab). However, it's init scrips aren't SysV style (they're somewhat BSDish), so they don't behave the same way.

However, when you come out of suspend, there's apmd will run a set of scripts. man apmd for more info.

--MonMotha

Michael Ableyev wrote:
Nope, Slackware doesn't have runlevels. But perhaps I was asking the wrong
question.
Do you know how to run a script when coming back from suspend?

Hullo all,

okie... I'm having a little difficulty locating info on this.
Are there any scripts run in slackware when coming back from suspend
mode? If yes then where are they? The problem I'm having basically is
this: my pcmcia nic gets restored fine but the interface configuration
is gone and consequently so is the routing info (default gw).

Thanks..

What machine do you have?

Does Slackware use the runlevel systems like 3 (text + network), 4 (unused),
5(X + network) as defined in /etc/inittab like Red Hat?  The only solution
that I've seen out there uses the otherwise unused runlevel 4 for
suspending, and bringing it back to init 3 or init 5 for normal operation
(restoring networking in the process).  You may have to hack your own
scripts to do this because I've only seen it done on Red Hat.