On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 07:58:19PM -1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Worse, Linus Torvalds, the inventor of Linux, appears to have reached
> his limits as a manager. There is growing frustration among hackers
> that he is ignoring their contributions. Is open source doomed?

Haven't read the article yet, but:
Open source isn't doomed, at least for that reason.  Worse comes to
worse, a bunch of people will get upset at Linus and fork development.
Call it something else, Davenix, Stevenix, whatever.  That only makes
open source stronger, more choice.  Especially if the developers
keep up the cross-stealing between forks, like we see in the BSD
family.

--
Carl Tucker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]