Hi, Warren and Mon-

I apologize that I probably made it more complicated than it had to be.

The issue is not the tulip driver, but hardware detection of NIC cards using tulip chipset. As Mon mentioned, the tulip driver for the Linksys NIC chipset, which was correctly identified by Mandrake as well as most other distros, comes with the kernel itself. I didn't have any problem making the Linksys card work with Red Hat Limbo or 7.3. All you need to do is making sure that the modules.conf file has a correct statement "alias eth0 tulip". I just don't know how to do this graphically in Red Hat.

The reason I particularly mentioned the Linksys cards is that, with rebate, etc., you can often get them free at CompUSA.