W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
Oops.  Forgot we have moved to the 2.4.20 kernel.

"Upgrading the kernel." Best example of easier said than done. I have never ever had any success in upgrading the kernel. There's always something that went wrong. ;-(

You wanna know how many times I screwed up a kernel upgrade? (trust me, you don't) Now, however, I can do it with (literally) one hand tied behind my back (can't quite do it blindfolded yet :) and rarely have problems. You learn from your mistakes, and being able to compile a kernel by hand is a very useful skill if you ever want to do a custom system like I frequently do.

--MonMotha