Warren Togami wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodney Kanno" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 4:02 PM
Subject: [luau] OT: windows 2000 networking

I have two machines running windows 2000 and I am having problems getting

the

two machines to see each other. Hopefully someone can enlighten me on my

problem.

Both machines are connected to a router, which is then hooked up to my

cable

modem. The router assigns IP's to the machines via DHCP, and the gateway

set

on both machines are identical, as well as the workgroup. Both machines

can

browse the internet, but cannot "see" each other on the network. This same

configuration

works fine when both machines run windows 98. Does windows 2000 handle

netowrking

differntly? Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Rodney

Check that "NETBIOS over TCP/IP" is enabled, and you have "File and Print
Sharing" and "Client for Microsoft Networks" attached to the network
interfaces.  I think that's all that is needed.