Did you install from rpm? One possibility is that once you are in the chroot environment you are not able to access the ls command. You might need to create a /bin directory in your chroot tree. Be careful what you put in it as you could open the door to a malicious user exploiting whatever you put there (including the ls command), so watch your permissions.
I did have this same problem once when I installed from source.
There are other possibilities but try this one first. I hope that helps.
Nelson

Florian Hines wrote:
Whats up guys,

I think im dense today because im missing something I shouldn't be.

I'm running a RH7.3 system (all updates) with wu-ftpd , iptables and I used
MonMotha's Firewall 2.3.8-pre9 to set the script up.
I'm allowing the following TCP ports

TCP_ALLOW="20 21 22 25 80 110 443"

But, when I ftp to the machine and login it times out when it tries to "ls"
the directory ?

What am I missing ?

Florian