I just got a sony vaio laptop running RH9. After a bit of tinkering, I was able to get everything pretty much set up right, but when I was running some tcl/tk gui based apps, they just look bizaare.

if I start wish, and then run the following:

button .b -text Hello
pack .b

I get button that's 2 inches tall and 5 inches wide. The "Hello" seems to be fine though.

Every other tcl/tk gui app has similar problems.

Any idears on what I need to change or set up differently? I'm using the same tcl/tk rpms that I'm having no probles with on my desktop.

-Charles