Wayne Maeda wrote:

Also, why weren't these logos created with an open source program instead of Adobe Illustrator? I know it's a minor point (or is it?) but I'm just curious.

Because the volunteer member who has been kind enough to organize and drive the logo campaign is new to Linux and only has one computer at home. He uses it for professional purposes as well as for our volunteer ventures. I suppose that he has to use what he is comfortable with.

The thing to focus on is not that it was created with a closed source product but rather that it was created by a volunteer, for free, to help our cause called HOSEF. Everyone was invited to make and submit a logo with the software of their choice. He just happened to actually do it.

--scott

Wayne