Then what do you think the weight of a full grown moose is? I've never gotten gottem more than 300 or 350 pounds of meat from a moose, and that's when I was really scraping the bones, taking everything between the ribs, etc. That's like maybe 25% bodywieght, max.

If you think you're going to pack 500 pounds of meat from a 1200 pound moose, you're just wrong. And why would you want to? It's a giant pain in the ass.

I'm never shooting another moose unless it's standing in the back of my truck. I might consider taking one hostage and walking it back to my truck and finishing it off there, but until that's a viable solution, I'll leave the packing to you ;o)

Adiosy,

-Zach