To my knowledge, RH stores its routing tables in /etc/sysconfig/route, or at least some file in /etc/sysconfig. I'm not quite sure on the syntax though. Anyway, playing around in sysconfig may shed some light on the subject. I'm sure redhat also has a tool to tweak them with a fancy frontend.

Another thing you may look at is the networking init script (in /etc/init.d) itself. Most of redhat's scripts provide some way to save the current configuration as the default. Running the init script with no options, using --help, or viewing the file (99.9% chance it's just a "very small shell script"(tm) ) may give ideas.

--MonMotha