I need to debug into glibc for some stuff, and I'm having trouble
getting things set up.  I was wondering if anyone's done this or
has suggestions..

I'm using FC2, and it doesnt appear to have a debug rpm, so I
got the glibc srpm and extracted it and did an rpmbuild on it
to get glibc-debuginf-2.3.3-27.i386.rpm and
glibc-debuginfo-common-2.3.3-27.i386.rpm files.  I then installed
these which made a bunch of stuff in
/usr/lib/debug/{lib,usr/lib,usr/bin}...

Anyway, it doesnt look quite right to me.  All the files (including
all the .so's) have a .debug suffix on them.  This means I cant
simply use -L when compiling or LD_LIBRARY_PATH when running/debugging/
testing.  What gives?  Web searches seem to imply that earlier versions
of glibc debug rpm's werent layed out like this.

(as a quick hack test I tried making symlinks pointing to all the
.debug's with filenames that don't have the .debug suffix, but that
didnt seem to go over too well either).

Tim N.