On Thursday 2004-12-30 11:15, Matt Darnell wrote:
> > > Does anyone know how to have a 'symlink' that will point to a
> > > directory on another computer?
> > NFS mount the remote computer's directory.
> Thanks for this.  Would the link from the FTP server to the host
> 'file' server be encrypted?

most NFS is not encrypted, so you need to encrypt the files to be
shared.

> The files have some sensitive information that we would like to
> encrypted.  Unfortunately the clients do not support secure FTP.
> Right now they are pulling the files from a remote FTP server and the
> sensitive data is beign sent over the line in plain text.  We are
> trying to encrypt the 'public' portion of the FTP journey.

One of the Linux magazines in the last couple months ran an article
about how to wrap security around legacy unencrypted comms standards,
like FTP. Probably Linux Magazine, Linux Journal, or Linux Format.

--
All information and transactions are non negotiable and are private
between the parties. All rights reserved without prejudice; Copyright