I just upgraded a RH9 box to FC1. I then rebuilt a multi-threaded program and tried to run it, but found some behaviors that don't make sense to me. One of the threads sleeps on a conditional wait ( pthread_cond_wait(&my_cond, &my_mutex)), and when a different thread calls pthread_cond_broadcast(&my_cond), I kind of expect the first thread to wake it's shiny smiling face and do some work. But it doesn't. Shouldn't it? It used to.

I have found some references to bugs in RH9 of people running into "stalls" with similar stuff, but that never happened to me on RH9, so I figured it ought to work on FC1 as well.

Any info? Can anyone confirm or deny that I'm doing something goofy? I didn't really change anything, so if there's some other library I'm supposed to link to or something, please lemme know. Or for anything else too.

Thanks in advance,

-Charles