Angela Kahealani wrote:

I haven't noticed this happen to anything k12ltsp-related.  Although,
I have seen it happen for the kernel (new kernel broken) but that is
why new kernels aren't set to boot by default.

As of current FC3, that policy has been inverted, according to the documentation I just read, so, beware to find that option and invert it if you want to maintain the old behaviour.

Your documentation was wrong as of this morning. On a completely unmodified yum config, the grub default=# was reverted to the running kernel's boot item when the new kernel was installed by yum.

Tom