On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Vince Hoang wrote:

How about the Big Island? There is a listing for a SAGE IV on the
SAGE jobs list. (I remember you posting to SAGE.)

Yep, I had an offer to be flown out for an in-person interview for a permanent gig there in Hilo early this year, but we (the fambly) talked it over seriously, decided we need a little more urban environment - Oahu (Honolulu area) would be perfect. So I hadda be honest with the folks and not get a free 4-day trip out to visit the telescopes, but I felt a lot better about myself not having taken advantage of 'em. Hopefully I laid in a little good karma.

I know the State of Hawaii is looking for a fulltime Linux
sysadmin. If you are ready to move now, I can pass your resume
along for you.

Nah, not ready right now (unless the newly laid off status goes too long, then we might have to look at more complex options). W/family concerns, either next summer of 6 years on would be the times to move. If it were possible. If anybody wants to take a look at the resume, though, ping me.

With you being in DC, you might consider working for a military
contracting firm out there and make the big move after you
secured your clearance.

Believe me, brah, I'm workin' that angle! It's tough, though - you can imagine. Plus, I have this aversion to working for three-letter-agencies. I'd much rather be a private-sector guy.

Now, back to composing my linux-related post.

Andy!

--
Andrew Maddox, madsox squiggle radix point net
I will not do anything bad ever again