Jon Reynolds wrote:
Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:

The output quality on the 350 is very good for SDTV, but beware: With
the 350 it will be difficult or impossible to get BIOS/bootup messages
and to play back any video not captured by the 350 (or in standard SD
MPEG-2).

This means no HD, no Divx, no Xvid, no MPEG-4 of any kind, etc.

If you're only planning on playing back SDTV that you capture, the 350
will do nicely. If you care about transcoding, DVD archiving, etc, the
350 will probably disappoint you.

Most likely you'd be better off going out through an nvidia card (gf4
/ fx). You should be able to get one for $50-$60 that has a heatsink
(rather than a fan) and outputs through DVI and S-video as well as VGA

Wayne,

Where did you find that statement? Do you have the link still or remember the date of the post? I thought I had heard talk on the list about this becoming a non-issue. I will post the question back to the list and ask again because I need to make sure that the epia boards won't have the same problem.

Thanks,

Jon