Jimen Ching wrote:
Hi all,

I'm about to change my ISP from Oceanic to Hawaiian TelCom. I received the modem and am waiting for them to enable the DSL line. The modem came with a CD for Windows, with some mpg and Firefox/IE installer. There's no directions on what to do. I assume the autorun.exe on the CD will provide directions.

Anyone know if I can configure the modem under Linux? Has anyone gone through the setup procedure and can give me a description of what happens?

Thanks...

--jc

Aloha JC,

I have 2 telcom lines running with freeBSD an an ATM 5 IP circuit and a freesco firewall router on a 1.5 gig line. I never used the disk that came with the modems. Plug your box or router in and configure your box to send out to whatever the IP is.

I only have dedicated IP addresses so I cant help you if you dont have that type.

Al Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii

 -- Webmaster- http://hawaiidakine.com ~ Admin- http://freebsdinfo.org ~
- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  - Supporting Open Source Computing - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.*
"All that's really worth doing is what we do for others."- Lewis Carroll