Ok kewl...but to get the .iso into the VMWare system (without the GUI making
my life miserable) I need traditional FTP from the command line....so if
HOSEF's mirror has this, what address do I use?

Mirrors.hosef.org and ftp.hosef.org refuse connection from my FTP client.

/brian chee

On 4/25/10 11:45 PM, "R. Scott Belford" <sc...@belford.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Brian Chee <c...@hawaii.edu> wrote:

> So
> does the HOSEF mirror have access via plain old vanilla anonynmous FTP?

> need to push an Ubuntu/debian/centos (I care not which) up onto my VMWare>
> ESX server, but it needs to be either FTP or sFTP since I¹m coming in from
>
> across the US.

Yes. Debian and CentOS are available via anonymous FTP and
> HTTP. The Ubuntu
CD Images have just been made available, and I am currently
> at
/universe/pool/s/ in the rsync rebuild of the Ubuntu repository. It
> should
be live within 4 or 5 hours.

I have not installed with VMWare, but I
> know that you can do a http install
from the /debian or /ubuntu trees without
> a CD or USB drive if you are
virtualizing with xen.

> /brian
> chee