I'm running Ubuntu 10.1 and the updates stopped long ago.The upside is the install functions perfectly. I very much like the clean desktop as opposed to the new 12.04 and am looking at this MATE overlay. Annoying that Ubuntu updates so frequently,and I read something that the Debian folks also give Shuttleworth grief for that. I was offered an update to 11.x ages ago but can't get anything better than a crippled 3G connect out here in the woods.Seems a complete backup up and rebuild is all that is available. I get my ISOs from a friends DSL. Aloha LUAU people.