First off, just to be clear (it confused me, too, at first), ianorlin
is Brendan, not Walter. There aren't many Walters in the world, so I
was rather excited initially ;)

Anyways, LXQt should not be offering many *major* changes in terms of
interacting with the desktop environment. In fact, many things should
be improved and easier to work with.

Where it will be offering major changes is to the applications, so the
wiki will need to detail things a bit differently, but we don't have a
lot of details on how to work with the applications anyways, so I
think that's a bit of a non-issue.

What we need to do is confirm that the current instructions work for
LXQt. I think we will have some time to do this. I think, judging by
the current state of things, that it's unlikely we'll get something
done by 15.10. That means that 16.04 is out. So we're probably looking
at 16.10, which is over a year away.

Meanwhile, I think that the QA team can do, once we have a new Lubuntu
Next ISO (which Julien is working on, but had much trouble with before
the UOS session), is start looking at configuration files and such and
making sure the structure is the same.

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Gustavo Silva
<gustavosantaremsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Ianorlin (Walter) has brought up to discussion in today's session at UOS the
> issues that may arise if we opt to go for LXQT next release. In my respect,
> all of it is connect with the Wiki, which, as you know, it is an important
> part of the open source world.
>
> Even though we have not decided anything yet, I'd like to know your opinion
> about what will need to be changed if we do the switch for LXQT, on the next
> release. I mean: Is it only a term adaptation, or is there a need to revise
> all contents and change things completely?
>
> Feel free to tell us your feedback about it as well.
>
> --
> Best Regards / Obrigado e com os melhores cumprimentos,
> Gustavo Silva
>
> Phonebloks, Partnership Manager
> Lubuntu Wiki & Documentation, Team Leader
>
> --

@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA
Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
Ubuntu Oregon LoCo Team Leader
Ubuntu Membership Board Member
Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-Organizer