** Also affects: hardinfo via
   https://github.com/lpereira/hardinfo/issues/200

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Lubuntu
Packages Team, which is subscribed to hardinfo in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1494523

Title:
  hardinfo -r from comand line always shows displays in X as 0x0 pixels

Status in hardinfo:
  Unknown
Status in hardinfo package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  To reproduce run hardinfo -r in a terminal emulator in X11. Then look for the
resolutoin of your X display it will say 0x0 pixels. hardinfo:
    Installed: 0.5.1-1.4ubuntu1
    Candidate: 0.5.1-1.4ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 0.5.1-1.4ubuntu1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ wily/universe amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
  Release:      15.10

  I expected hardinfo to show the display resolution like it does in a
  gtk window when run on the command line. Instead it shows 0x0 pixels
  no matter the display resolutoin. Instead I get 0x0 pixel from a
  terminal emulator and get the correct resolution in a gtk window.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 15.10
  Package: hardinfo 0.5.1-1.4ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 4.2.0-7-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.18.1-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: LXDE
  Date: Thu Sep 10 15:16:04 2015
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 14.10 "Utopic Unicorn" - Alpha amd64 (20140930)
  JournalErrors:
   No journal files were found.
   -- No entries --
  SourcePackage: hardinfo
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to wily on 2015-08-07 (33 days ago)