Hello!

In my opinion, Lubuntu 10.04 won't be 100% usable on such PC. Why? It's
lightweight for sure, the whole dev teams try to makes it as light as
possible. But the base is still built from Ubuntu, which is not that
lightweight. This means, the team got its limit.

It would be possible to create a Lubuntu for super-low-end PCs. Would be,
but I'm not the person who is in charge. We could just add some APT rules,
build a super lightweight ISO from the *REALLY* basic install and add the
necessary stuff. Like this, your PC would be OK I guess. But these are just
mere calculations. I only used this method on a somewhat-old PC and it
worked like a charm back then.

Kernel.. Hmm. For super-low-end(super-old? :)) , one could use 2.4.* kernel
, since its really stable and the code is just much more better/cleaner than
the 2.6 series. Well. The rest of the team will give you more specific
answers.

In a nutshell: No. It is possible to make a build for such PC, but the
default won't be fast enough. IN MY OPINION..that is.

Best Regards
Zsolt Peter Basak aka. Shiki (from the -hu 'team')

"How many RAM and CPU does Lubuntu 10.4 will require?
i have a 266 mhz pentium 2 processor,126 mb ram and 5 gb disk space and
what linux kernel we would take?"