In trying to learn more about Lubuntu, especially the commands and applications
for it, I find the sources pretty sparse. For example, I am still using 'sudo
aptitude update && sudo aptitude safe-upgrade' to update Lubuntu and wondering
if that is correct. Also while the command 'gksudo leafpad' is given here on
the list (thanks), it is difficult to find out other useful commands. The links
given on the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu page and other LXDE sites are not
too informative either.

Of course being a new 'distro', I could understand, but can someone provide
more links so that a newbie like me can pick up some speed?

Thanks and regards - Goh Lip