Lubuntu team:

Since Lubuntu is targeted for low-spec computers, xcreensaver is not a good
choice to use since it causes problems such as:
- In my three (old) machines I must kill the xcreensaver daemon in order to
be able to install the system.
- The idea is to make a good-looking effect but with older video cards the
screensaver hangs or it is terribly slow.
In fact in those three machines, once Lubuntu is installed I just remove
xcreensaver and let the power-manager doing the trick of shutting-off my
screen. It saves me from another app-running and the effect wanted is done
(and even better since it shutts the screen off, it doesn't blank it... so
it's *more energy efficiency for Lubuntu*)
Speaking about this to Julien he pointed me to a problem I haven't seen:
"lock the screen".
So, Googling a little i've found xtrlock, something very lightweigth to use
that locks the screen until you type your user pass: everything is locked
and your mouse pointer becomes a blue lock (but since the screen will be
off, you won't tell ;)
The way to implement this would be that as soon as the power-manager shuts
off the screen it launches the xtrlock... but this would take Lubuntu devs
to perform the task of coding it into the gnome-power-manager.

I stop here, waiting for reactions and good-wellcoming :)

Very humbly,
-- jpxsat