Le Saturday 28 May 2011 à 20:09 -0700, Jonathan Marsden a écrit :
> Really?  Plugins for scripting in Tcl, Perl, Python all exist for
> Pidgin
> now, do they?  Is the plugin API compatible with the xchat plugin API?
> Or do we need to rewrite or find replacements for any and all plugins
> we
> have written or gathered over the years?
This is more for experimented users, people who can add Xchat after the
installation.

Btw, and just for the note, Ubuntu doesn't have Xchat by default :)

> I'll deal with it if someone feels there is a good reason for removing
> xchat.  But IMO the expected developer cost to leave it alone is
> low :)
I'm agree that it's not a strategic decision. The work of Lubuntu devs
on Xchat and its integration is near to 0 :)

> That leaves disk space.  In this thread, I already asked what we are
> expecting to add to Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric that *needs* the disk space
> xchat currently occupies... has anyone answered that?
Space is important on the CD, because the installation process is
longer, and extra space can be replaced by langpack :)

Regards,
Julien Lavergne