Ali,

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013, at 02:17 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

> If data and numbers are what you are looking for, give me few hours
> and I will provide you with the numbers of users who would LOVE to see
> this option and that would be ONLY from users on Facebook. ...

Asking people on social media "who would like this?" is TOTALLY
unhelpful. There is zero cost to them if they say yes -- they expect
*others* to do the work for them, for free!  So anyone who just thinks
that would be "cool", or something, will say yes, radically inflating
the count.

What we need is to define how many users have hardware that is too old
to install Lubuntu from a current LiveCD or Alternate CD, but new
enough to install and run Lubuntu Core.  Then we need to get an idea
how many of this group of users are unable to boot the mini.iso and
select the "Lubuntu minimal" install from it, and why that approach
does not work for them when they try it.

If they are regularly using Facebook, most likely they have a decent
Internet connection, so mini.iso and selecting Lubuntu minimal install
should work very well for such folks.

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden