Am 17.06.2013 16:37, schrieb John Hupp:
> On 6/17/2013 9:30 AM, Yorvyk wrote:
>> According to those nice people at Adobe the minimum requirements for
>> running Flash with Linux are:-
>>

>> 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom 1.6GHz or
>> faster processor for netbooks
>>
>> Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 5.6 or later (32 bit and 64 bit),
>> openSUSE® 11.3 or later (32 bit and 64 bit), or Ubuntu 10.04 or later
>> (32 bit and 64 bit)
>>
>> Mozilla Firefox 17 or Google Chrome
>> 5
>> 12MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory
>>
>> The hardware requirement, from my experience, appears to be
>> remarkably accurate and maybe something we need to highlight.

One requirement missing is SSE2 support from the CPU. Without it the
plugin won't run. (In Chromium it even disables it completely). This
might be a problem for Athlons XPs that can run faster then 2.33 Ghz but
don't have SSE2. And yes I saw a bunch of them with exactly this problem
occuring which forced the users to use an outdated flash player version
(10.x) because gnash is still not working very well for video outside
the youtube context (which btw. works like a charm with vlc or
youtube-dl for that matter)