Andre,

the Intel 950 fully support opengl. I've tested this session on a 950gma
and works fine here. Are you using the latest intel closed drivers or the
open?

Is cairo-dock working fine now?

When you wrote "screen blinks" you meant screen flicker for a second then
shadows works fine? That's the normal behaviour.

If you like you can try another configuration of compton to see if it's
working fine. It grants a tear free desktop with composite video playback.
For my Nvidia setup it's better than Lubuntu without composite. :)

killall compton
compton -cC --backend glx --paint-on-overlay --glx-no-stencil
--glx-no-rebind-pixmap --vsync opengl-swc --detect-client-opacity  -b

More detailed information about compton setup can be found here:

Or simply open a terminal and

man compton

Let us know.

F.