On 07/20/2013 04:45 PM, Sunita Barve wrote:

> The livecd was basically configured using uck.
>
> For creating livecd ubuntu 64 bit installation was used to create
> base iso and then small edits required were done on laptop with 8 GB
> RAM and 1 TB disk space and CD was finalised.

OK.  So this livecd is a customized distribution, based originally on
Lubuntu.  It is not in any sense a standard normal official supported
Lubuntu LiveCD.

(1) Please provide the script that allows someone else to duplicate the
creation and testing of your custom CD, starting from an official
Lubuntu CD.  If you make changes manually (by hand with commands or in a
GUI), please provide detailed step-by-step instructions describing
exactly how to make each of the changes you made to create your CD.

Without providing complete and accurate "steps to reproduce" the ISO
image you are using, I doubt others can provide you the kind of help you
are requesting.  This is "your" Linux distribution, not Lubuntu!

(2) It would also be good if you could describe what Quality Assurance
testing you do on your customized ISO images before you release them.

> We bring out regularly new iso with new upgrades of the software on
> livecd. The livecd created by us are regularly uploaded on
> sourceforge.

Which is nice, but not really of value here... we need the tools and
information to build the ISO image, not the image itself, to have any
chance of troubleshooting this.

Lubuntu folks: This request is not about Lubuntu itself failing to
install.  It is about an issue with a customized CD image that Sunita
has made.  UCK is the "Ubuntu Customization Kit".  Without knowing
exactly how the image has been customized, debugging issues in that
image is not terribly practical.

Jonathan